Thursday, February 19, 2026
Google search engine
HomeLifestyleRecipesNissan Australia is discontinuing its BYD Shark 6 fighter

Nissan Australia is discontinuing its BYD Shark 6 fighter

Australia’s fast-growing plug-in hybrid double cab (PHEV) market will add another member in 2027 Nissan Frontier Pro arrives Down Under.

As reported by Car sales today and then independently confirmed by Daily Sparkz According to dealer sources, Nissan Australia unveiled and confirmed the local launch of the Frontier Pro at a gala dinner attended by its dealers in Adelaide last night – a day after the global unveiling of the new generation Mitsubishi Triton-based Navara ute in the Adelaide Hills.

The media was not invited to the event and Nissan Australia has not yet made a public announcement about the local release of the Frontier Pro; It would not respond to our request for comment on the matter today.

With Daily Sparkz you can save thousands on a new car. Click Here to get a great deal.

However, Nissan Australia has previously said the Frontier Pro, developed by the parent company’s Chinese joint venture partner Dongfeng, is being considered for this market, where the Japanese brand’s PHEV pickup would offer a two-pronged ute range.

Nissan Oceania managing director Andrew Humberstone has long suggested it would “absolutely fit into Nissan’s local product range”, where the low-emission ute would offset the CO2 emissions of the diesel-powered Navara under the New Vehicle Efficiency Standard (NVES).

“I don’t see any problem with this running parallel to the new Navara,” he said Daily Sparkz in May.