Saturday, February 21, 2026
Google search engine
HomeTechnologyUbisoft says more Assassin's Creed and Far Cry will follow

Ubisoft says more Assassin’s Creed and Far Cry will follow

Ubisoft has had a turbulent few years, but its biggest franchises clearly aren’t going away. In an interview with diversityCEO Yves Guillemot confirmed that several Assassin’s Creed titles and two new Far Cry games are currently in development, signaling a renewed focus on the company’s most reliably blockbuster series.

The update arrives during what Ubisoft is calling a “big reset.” The company had to endure layoffs, cancel projects and reorganize studios to stabilize itself after several difficult years. With this in mind, Guillemot’s message was simple. Ubisoft plans to lean heavily on the franchises that consistently attract large audiences. For Assassin’s Creed, Guillemot said that “multiple titles” are in development, encompassing both single-player and multiplayer experiences. The aim is to further expand a community that already exceeded the 30 million player mark last year. As for Far Cry, Ubisoft confirmed two promising projects, widely expected to include the next mainline entry and a long-rumored multiplayer spin-off.

A future built around blockbuster franchises

This renewed focus is directly related to Ubisoft’s broader restructuring strategy. The company has created new “creative houses” designed to give large franchises more autonomy while improving accountability and production efficiency. One of these units, Vantage Studios, is responsible for Ubisoft’s biggest brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry and Rainbow Six. The idea is to treat these series as long-term ecosystems rather than standalone releases, helping Ubisoft provide a more robust pipeline of games and content over time.

The shift also reflects lessons learned from the pandemic era. Ubisoft admitted that it had started too many projects and is now reducing its focus to concentrate on fewer but larger missions. For players, this likely means a more predictable future. Instead of isolated experiments, Ubisoft’s roadmap seems to be increasingly focused on expanding the worlds that fans already know.

Although Ubisoft hasn’t announced any release windows or gameplay details, confirmation is all that matters right now. After months of layoffs and uncertainty, fans finally have reassurance that Assassin’s Creed and Far Cry remain the cornerstones of Ubisoft’s future. Whether that excites or worries players depends on how Ubisoft balances quantity and quality.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments