Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Google search engine
HomeLifestyleRecipesThe Volkswagen Group is reportedly planning another round of massive cuts

The Volkswagen Group is reportedly planning another round of massive cuts

There could be more pain to come Volkswagen Groupwith executives reportedly announcing major cuts along the highway.

Accordingly Manager Magazine (above The mirror And Reuters), In mid-January, Oliver Blume, CEO of the Volkswagen Group, and Arno Antlitz, the group’s chief financial officer, met with 120 executives from all of the company’s brands and divisions and asked them to prepare for a comprehensive cost-cutting program.

The German business newspaper believes that the automaker’s “goal” is to reduce costs by 60 billion euros (100 billion Australian dollars), or 20 percent, by the end of 2028. Participants were not told where savings could be made, but the company reportedly did not order any plant closures.

With Daily Sparkz you can save thousands on a new car. Click Here to get a great deal.

Zwickau factory

Mr. Blume is expected to publicly disclose details of the latest cost-cutting measures at the company’s earnings press conference on March 10.

As part of an earlier round of austerity at the end of 2024, the car manufacturer and its unions agreed to lay off up to 35,000 people by 2030. In addition, Volkswagen managed for the first time to close a factory on home soil, the Transparent Factory in Dresden, which had been opened at the beginning of the century to produce the Phaeton luxury sedan.

A company spokesman said this Reuters that this program has resulted in tens of billions of euros in savings and helped the automaker weather geopolitical headwinds, including tariff uncertainty in the United States.

Dresden Transparent Factory