Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S26 series is expected to launch late next month, with leaks indicating modest upgrades overall. However, the mid-range Galaxy S26 Plus might see the fewest changes if recent reports are to be believed.
Earlier this month, a certification listing for the device suggested that it might pack the same 4,900mAh battery as its predecessor. Now, a new report from The Elec suggests that the Galaxy S26 Plus could also retain the 6.66-inch QHD+ AMOLED screen of the Galaxy S25 Plus.
Sources familiar with Samsung’s plans told the publication that the company originally intended to equip the device with the OLED panel developed for the Galaxy S26 Edge. However, after the Edge variant was reportedly discontinued last October, there were only a few months to prepare and they finally decided on a “verified specification” for the Plus model.
In contrast, the base Galaxy S26 is expected to feature a new 6.27-inch panel, slightly larger than its predecessor’s 6.16-inch display. The Elec also points out that Samsung started manufacturing parts for the Plus variant last month and the device is expected to go into production along with the base variant later this month. The Ultra model is said to have entered production last month.
The Galaxy S26 Plus could be a tough sell for Samsung
With the Galaxy S26 Plus rumored to offer fewer upgrades than the other models in Samsung’s next-gen flagship lineup, it will be interesting to see how it compares to its siblings in sales. Given that the devices are also expected to cost more than last year’s models due to rising component prices, the Plus model could have a difficult time convincing buyers to upgrade, especially when the base Galaxy S26 and Ultra models offer more significant improvements.
Leaks suggest that Samsung will unveil the Galaxy S26 series at a Galaxy Unpacked event on February 25, so we won’t have to wait long for all the details.




