Aston Martin Parent company Aston Martin Lagonda has denied that Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) – its largest shareholder – wants to increase its shareholding and delist the company from the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
A report from November 14th in Financial Times However, AML’s executive chairman Lawrence Stroll has begun negotiations with PIF to increase its current 19.5 percent stake, the automaker said PlanetF1.com: “Aston Martin is not in discussions with PIF about privatization.”
Mr Stroll holds the second largest stake in AML with a 16 per cent stake, ahead of other high-profile stakeholders including Geely Chairman Shu Fu Li (14.9 percent), Swiss investor Ernesto Bertarelli (13.8 percent) and Mercedes Benz (7.5 percent).
As reported by PlanetF1.com (Aston Martin fields a team in Formula 1) AML listed on the LSE in 2018 but has since lost more than 98 percent of its value.
With Daily Sparkz you can save thousands on a new car. Click Here to get a great deal.
In October, the company reported a wider-than-expected pre-tax loss of £106.9 million (AU$216.2 million) for the July-September quarter.
Following the loss, the company announced it would cut development spending on new models by £300 million over the next five years.
In February 2025, Aston Martin’s newly installed CEO, Adrian Hallmark, declared his goal of making the iconic brand sustainably profitable by 2029, defying the brand’s long history of loss-making vehicles.
“Being the first man in 112 years to make Aston Martin sustainably profitable – when I believe there is a way to do it – was irresistible,” Mr Hallmark said Automotive News.
“If it doesn’t work, nothing is lost. If it works, we’ve done it.”
To cut costs, the company’s Formula One team – which is run by Mr Stroll and whose drivers include his 27-year-old son Lance – was sold for £108 million ($A218.4 million) to improve cash flow.
The company also competes with competitors in the highest hypercar class of the World Endurance Championship (WEC) for sports cars Porsche The company recently pulled out of the series after the German brand reported bigger-than-forecast losses on electric models and slow sales in China.
After delaying the previously planned launch of electric vehicles (EVs), Aston Martin’s global sales fell 17 percent year-on-year to the end of September 2025.
This month, U.S. ratings agency Fitch downgraded AML’s debt rating due to long-term negative cash flow and uncertainty over sales due to volatile U.S. tariffs.
The US is Aston Martin’s largest market, accounting for 32 percent of total sales in 2024.
On April 2, 2025, the United States introduced tariffs on automobile imports, and the subsequent “reciprocal” tariffs also increased the burden on foreign automobile manufacturers such as Aston Martin.
Aston Martin builds all of its road vehicles in the UK, spread across its factories in Gaydon and Newport Pagnell in England, with a third factory in St Athan in Wales, where its most popular model, the DBX SUV, is built.
Because of the tariffs, shipments to the U.S. were halted in April and imports resumed at higher prices in June. However, this was also later thwarted by supply chain issues due to a cyber attack Jaguar Land Rover.
The company expects better results in 2026 after this year’s challenges, but analysts expect it won’t be profitable until 2028 at the earliest.
Aston Martin’s only SUV, which received a new 542kW flagship DBX S earlier this year, accounted for more than a third of its total sales in 2024, while the DB12 S sports car joined the UK model range earlier this month and is due to go on sale in Australia by March 2026.
An updated version of the Vantage S coupe with over 500kW of power will also be available in Australia next year.
The Valhalla hybrid supercar – limited to 999 examples worldwide, 150 of which will be delivered this year – was also launched in 2025 as Aston Martin continues to delay the addition of electric vehicles to its range.
MORE: Explore the Aston Martin showroom




